Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Avery is coming home!

Today is Avery's last day at the Children's Center. We have been so fortunate to have her here for her rehabilitation. The staff and all of her therapists, practitioners, and doctors have been wonderful and she has come so far in only a few weeks.

I feel so blessed to have her and to be able to bring her home. She is truly a miracle, and it has given me so much joy to watch her recover so quickly. I want to thank all of our wonderful family and friends for all your love, prayers, and support throughout this time. It has really helped me to get through the days knowing that so many people are thinking of us and Avery. You have all been amazing and I will be forever grateful.

Avery is getting back to her old self more and more every day. She is talking, laughing, and playing just like a 3 year old again. She is eating a full diet and has actually gained 5 lbs since she has started eating on her own again.

She is so excited to be going home again, and I think it will be good for her to get back and try to get in a regular routine, at least as much as possible. It is going to be hard for her when she realizes that her brother, Adam is not there, but we will be there to guide her, and want her to talk about him as much as she can.

I miss Adam more and more every day, and the longer he has been gone, the more it sinks in, and the more painful it gets. There has been a huge hole in our hearts and in our lives without him, but I know he is still here with us, watching over us all. I am so blessed to have been given the gift of being Adam's mommy. He was such an amazing boy. Adam has been my strength, Avery has given me hope, Ronald has given me joy, and little Freedom has given me health and something special to look forward to. My husband, Bobby has been so amazing to me and he has given me so much strength, love, and support, and we have helped each other to make it through this difficult time. I am so lucky to have such wonderful children, and such a great husband. They are the light of my life.

So, we are packed up and ready to move on to the next chapter life has to offer. I know Avery is going to keep getting better and better, and it will be wonderful to watch her grow and learn more every day.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled Avery gets to go home!!! Remember I'm just a phone call away....Carolyn Herr

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am honored to be your Mom...
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete